Bronchogenic adenocarcinoma presenting as a synchronous solitary lytic skull lesion with ischaemic stroke--case report and literature review.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBronchogenic adenocarcinoma presenting as a synchronous solitary lytic skull lesion with ischaemic stroke--case report and literature review. 2011, 2011: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractThe authors describe a rare case of metastatic bronchogenic adenocarcinoma in a 55-year-old man presenting with concomittant solitary lytic skull lesion and ischaemic stroke. Metastatic bronchogenic carcinoma is known to present as lytic skull lesions. Primary brain tumours are also known to cause ischaemic brain injury. An underlying stroke risk may be exagerated by cranial tumour surgery. Patients with brain tumours are well known to be predisposed to an increased risk of developing thromboembolic disease. It is unusual to see metastatic bronchogenic adenocarcinoma presenting as ischaemic stroke with a background of concomittant cerebral metastasis. The aetio-pathogenesis of this rare occurrence is discussed with a review of literature.
- [Subcutaneous mass as initial manifestation of an osteolytic metastasis].
- Authors: Kamper L, Piroth W, Haage P
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Adenocarcinoma of the lung presenting as hematemesis secondary to jejunal metastasis: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Regan JR, Gibbons RB
- Issue date: 1988 Jan
- External auditory canal mass as the first manifestation of a bronchogenic carcinoma: report of a rare case.
- Authors: Vasileiadis I, Kapetanakis S, Vasileiadis D, Petousis A, Karatzas T
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Metastatic and non-metastatic complications in a case of bronchial carcinoma.
- Authors: Roy T, Mukherjee A, Choudhuri M, Munshi AD
- Issue date: 1991 May
- Bilateral patellar metastases as the clinical presentation of bronchogenic adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Pauzner R, Istomin V, Segal-Lieberman G, Matetzky S, Farfel Z
- Issue date: 1996 May