First report of IMI-1-producing colistin-resistant Enterobacter clinical isolate in Ireland, March 2013.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Microbiology, Galway University Hospitals, HSE West, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFirst report of IMI-1-producing colistin-resistant Enterobacter clinical isolate in Ireland, March 2013. 2013, 18 (31): Euro Surveill.
PublisherEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
JournalEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
AbstractWe report the first case in Ireland of an IMI-1 carbapenemase- producing Enterobacter asburiae, which was resistant to both colistin and fosfomycin. The circumstances under which this isolate was acquired were unclear. Several reports of IMI-producing Enterobacter spp. have emerged in recent years, and colistin resistance in Enterobacteriaceae is also increasingly reported. Laboratories should be aware of the unusual antibiograms of IMI-producing isolates.
CollectionsGalway University Hospitals
- First identification of an IMI-1 carbapenemase-producing colistin-resistant Enterobacter cloacae in China.
- Authors: Huang L, Wang X, Feng Y, Xie Y, Xie L, Zong Z
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 25
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing and carbapenemase-producing Enterobacter cloacae ventriculitis successfully treated with intraventricular colistin.
- Authors: Cascio A, Mezzatesta ML, Odierna A, Di Bernardo F, Barberi G, Iaria C, Stefani S, Giordano S
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- In vitro evaluation of antibiotic synergy for NDM-1-producing Enterobacteriaceae.
- Authors: Berçot B, Poirel L, Dortet L, Nordmann P
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Effect of antimicrobial peptides on colistin-susceptible and colistin-resistant strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Enterobacter asburiae.
- Authors: Kádár B, Kocsis B, Kristof K, Tóth Á, Szabó D
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Successive emergence of Enterobacter aerogenes strains resistant to imipenem and colistin in a patient.
- Authors: Thiolas A, Bollet C, La Scola B, Raoult D, Pagès JM
- Issue date: 2005 Apr