Problem alcohol use among problem drug users in primary care: a qualitative study of what patients think about screening and treatment.
AuthorsField, Catherine Anne
Smyth, Bobby P
AffiliationUCD School of Medicine and Medical Science, Coombe Healthcare Centre, Dolphins Barn, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Attitude of Health Personnel
Attitude to Health
Primary Health Care
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProblem alcohol use among problem drug users in primary care: a qualitative study of what patients think about screening and treatment. 2013, 14:98 BMC Fam Pract
JournalBMC family practice
AbstractProblem alcohol use is common and associated with considerable adverse outcomes among patients who attend primary care in Ireland and other European countries for opiate substitution treatment. This paper aims to describe patients' experience of, and attitude towards, screening and therapeutic interventions for problem alcohol use in primary care.
- Psychosocial Interventions for Problem Alcohol Use in Primary Care Settings (PINTA): Baseline Feasibility Data.
- Authors: Klimas J, Marie Henihan A, McCombe G, Swan D, Anderson R, Bury G, Dunne C, Keenan E, Saunders J, Shorter GW, Smyth BP, Cullen W
- Issue date: 2015
- Australian general practitioner perceptions of the detection and screening of at-risk drinking, and the role of the AUDIT-C: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Tam CW, Zwar N, Markham R
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 20
- Primary care physicians' views on screening and management of alcohol abuse: inconsistencies with national guidelines.
- Authors: Spandorfer JM, Israel Y, Turner BJ
- Issue date: 1999 Nov
- Primary care and youth mental health in Ireland: qualitative study in deprived urban areas.
- Authors: Leahy D, Schaffalitzky E, Armstrong C, Bury G, Cussen-Murphy P, Davis R, Dooley B, Gavin B, Keane R, Keenan E, Latham L, Meagher D, McGorry P, McNicholas F, O'Connor R, O'Dea E, O'Keane V, O'Toole TP, Reilly E, Ryan P, Sanci L, Smyth BP, Cullen W
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 17
- [Psychometric characteristics of questionnaires designed to assess the knowledge, perceptions and practices of health care professionals with regards to alcoholic patients].
- Authors: Jaussent S, Labarère J, Boyer JP, François P
- Issue date: 2004 Sep-Oct