Cardiac transplant in a family pedigree of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy secondary to a mutation in the AMP gene.
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Our Ladys Hospital, Co Meath, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCardiac transplant in a family pedigree of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy secondary to a mutation in the AMP gene. 2013, 2013: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractThe phenotype of this unique condition comprises left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH), accessory pathways, atrial arrhythmia and premature failure of the atrioventricular node. At age 11, his ECG showed marked voltage criteria for LVH but his echocardiography was negative. He declined further screening but was reassessed at 21 years of age. By this time he had developed significant LVH. He had an implantable cardioventer defibrillator (ICD) in 2001. He developed atrial flutter and fibrillation which was initially treated with medical therapy and then radiofrequency ablation.Unfortunately, his condition deteriorated. He was New York Heart Association (NYHA) class 3-4 for most of 2011 and spent the latter part of the year and most of 2012 as an in-patient. An attempt to upgrade his ICD to a cardiac resynchronisation therapy-defibrillator was unsuccessful.In March 2012 he was placed on the transplant waiting list. He received an organ in June. He is now NHYA class 1 and has returned to work part-time.
- A case of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy emphasizes the importance of parallel screening of multiple disease genes.
- Authors: Scheffold T, Waldmüller S, Borisov K
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- A contemporary approach to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Authors: Ho CY, Seidman CE
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 20
- A novel nonsense mutation in TNNT2 in a Chinese pedigree with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: A case report.
- Authors: Gao G, Liu G, Chen W, Tong Y, Mao C, Liu J, Zhang X, He MM, Yang P
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 21
- [Malignant form of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy complicated with ventricular fibrillation in siblings. Electrocardiogram in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - a review].
- Authors: Kukla P, Petkow-Dimitrow P, Jastrzebski M, Bednarek J, Lelakowski J, Bryniarski L
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Genetic polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system associated with expression of left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a study of five polymorphic genes in a family with a disease causing mutation in the myosin binding protein C gene.
- Authors: Ortlepp JR, Vosberg HP, Reith S, Ohme F, Mahon NG, Schröder D, Klues HG, Hanrath P, McKenna WJ
- Issue date: 2002 Mar