Psychometric properties of a Mental Health Team Development Audit Tool.
AffiliationRoscommon Integrated Service, HSE West, Roscommon , Ireland.
Factor Analysis, Statistical
Mental Health Services
Patient Care Team
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPsychometric properties of a Mental Health Team Development Audit Tool. 2013, 22 (1):51-9 J Ment Health
JournalJournal of mental health (Abingdon, England)
AbstractTo assist in improving team working in Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs), the Mental Health Commission formulated a user-friendly but yet-to-be validated 25-item Mental Health Team Development Audit Tool (MHDAT).
The present study aims to examine the psychometric properties of the MHDAT.
Based on a sample of clinical psychologists (n = 77) with experience of working in CMHTs, reliability of the MHDAT was explored by means of Cronbach's alpha, intraclass correlation and inter-rater correlation, followed by analysis of face validity, distribution of the total scores, frequency distributions for each item and missing values. In order to identify possible MHDAT subscales, explorative factor analysis with orthogonal and oblique rotation was performed.
The MHDAT demonstrated good face validity and internal reliability. Three internally consistent subscales were identified. Cut-off points for level of perceived team working were defined.
The MHDAT meets the criteria for a comprehensive measure of perceived team working in CMHTs. Its use in a team may be repeated at different stages and would be particularly fruitful in moments of transition or review within a team.
- The Care Process Self-Evaluation Tool: a valid and reliable instrument for measuring care process organization of health care teams.
- Authors: Seys D, Deneckere S, Sermeus W, Van Gerven E, Panella M, Bruyneel L, Mutsvari T, Bejarano RC, Kul S, Vanhaecht K
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 19
- Mental health recovery for psychiatric inpatient services: perceived importance of the elements of recovery.
- Authors: Siu BW, Ng BF, Li VC, Yeung YM, Lee MK, Leung AY
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Psychometric test of the Team Climate Inventory-short version investigated in Dutch quality improvement teams.
- Authors: Strating MM, Nieboer AP
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 24
- Development of a social inclusion index to capture subjective and objective life domains (Phase II): psychometric development study.
- Authors: Huxley P, Evans S, Madge S, Webber M, Burchardt T, McDaid D, Knapp M
- Issue date: 2012
- Development and psychometric evaluation of a new team effectiveness scale for all types of community adult mental health teams: a mixed-methods approach.
- Authors: El Ansari W, Lyubovnikova J, Middleton H, Dawson JF, Naylor PB, West MA
- Issue date: 2016 May