The benefit of early treatment without rescreening in women with a history of gestational diabetes.
AffiliationUCD Obstetrics & Gynaecology, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. email@example.com
Local subject classificationGESTATIONAL DIABETES
Glucose Tolerance Test
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe benefit of early treatment without rescreening in women with a history of gestational diabetes. 2013, 26 (3):318-20 J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med.
JournalThe journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians
AbstractIn this center, women with a history of gestational diabetes (GDM) are treated without rescreening from early pregnancy in any subsequent pregnancies, commencing with a low glycemic diet and insulin if and when indicated. The objective of this study was to see if this practice reduced the incidence of macrosomia compared with the index pregnancy.
- Detection of pregnancies with high risk of fetal macrosomia among women with gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Suhonen L, Hiilesmaa V, Kaaja R, Teramo K
- Issue date: 2008
- Large-for-gestational-age newborns in women with insulin-treated gestational diabetes under strict metabolic control.
- Authors: Leipold H, Worda C, Gruber CJ, Kautzky-Willer A, Husslein PW, Bancher-Todesca D
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Recurrence of gestational diabetes mellitus: identification of risk factors.
- Authors: Spong CY, Guillermo L, Kuboshige J, Cabalum T
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Risk stratification for healthcare planning in women with gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Koning SH, Scheuneman KA, Lutgers HL, Korteweg FJ, van den Berg G, Sollie KM, Roos A, van Loon AJ, Links TP, van Tol KM, Hoogenberg K, van den Berg PP, Wolffenbuttel BH
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Perinatal complications in women with gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Svare JA, Hansen BB, Mølsted-Pedersen L
- Issue date: 2001 Oct