Snowboard, wakeboard, dashboard? Isolated fracture of the lateral process of the talus in a high-speed road traffic accident.
AffiliationDepartment of Trauma and Orthopaedics, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital Incorporating the National Childrens Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSnowboard, wakeboard, dashboard? Isolated fracture of the lateral process of the talus in a high-speed road traffic accident. 2013, 2013: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractWe present a 23-year-old man who sustained an isolated fracture of the lateral process of the talus (LPT) in a head-on vehicle collision at a combined speed of 200 km/h. The driver of the other vehicle sustained fatal injuries at the scene. The LPT was openly reduced and fixed with successful outcome at 3 months. This case is unusual in the method of injury, in particular in relation to the isolated relatively minor injury sustained.
- Simultaneous bilateral snowboarder's fractures in a young woman: a rare entity.
- Authors: Barai A, Scorgie R, Lambie B
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 16
- Associated lateral process and posteromedial tubercle talus fractures:a case report and literature review.
- Authors: Ziran NM
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- What is your diagnosis?: Oblique fracture of the talus with subluxation of the talocalcaneal joint and avulsion fracture of the lateral malleolus.
- Authors: Nanfelt M, Zekas LJ, Palmer RH
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 1
- Bilateral pertrochanteric fractures with bilateral patellar fractures with missed medial process fracture of talus in a young adult: a case report and review of literature.
- Authors: Bali K, Krishnan V, Sen R
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- An unusual fracture of the talus in a snowboarder.
- Authors: Vlahovich AT, Mehin R, O'Brien PJ
- Issue date: 2005 Aug