Inflammatory pseudotumor causing deep vein thrombosis after metal-on-metal hip resurfacing arthroplasty.
AffiliationDepartment of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Granuloma, Plasma Cell
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInflammatory pseudotumor causing deep vein thrombosis after metal-on-metal hip resurfacing arthroplasty. 2013, 28 (1):197.e9-12 J Arthroplasty
JournalThe Journal of arthroplasty
AbstractMetal-on-metal hip resurfacings have recently been associated with a variety of complications resulting from adverse reaction to metal debris. We report a case of extensive soft tissue necrosis associated with a huge pelvic mass causing extensive deep vein thrombosis of the lower limb secondary to mechanical compression of the iliac vein. This is a rare and unusual cause of deep vein thrombosis after metal-on-metal hip resurfacing arthroplasty.
- Leg edema due to a mass in the pelvis after a large-diameter metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Kawakita K, Shibanuma N, Tei K, Nishiyama T, Kuroda R, Kurosaka M
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Common femoral vein thrombosis caused by a metal-on-metal hip arthroplasty-related pseudotumor.
- Authors: Parfitt DJ, Wood SN, Chick CM, Lewis P, Rashid MH, Evans AR
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Pseudotumor and deep venous thrombosis due to crevice corrosion of the head-neck junction in metal-on-polyethylene total hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Watanabe H, Takahashi K, Takenouchi K, Sato A, Kawaji H, Nakamura H, Takai S
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Combined Vascular and Orthopaedic Approach for a Pseudotumor Causing Deep Vein Thrombosis after Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty.
- Authors: Abdel-Hamid H, Miles J, Carrington RW, Hart A, Loh A, Skinner JA
- Issue date: 2015
- Noninflammatory pseudotumor simulating venous thrombosis after metal-on-metal hip resurfacing.
- Authors: Maurer-Ertl W, Friesenbichler J, Liegl-Atzwanger B, Kuerzl G, Windhager R, Leithner A
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 5