Identification of patients with low-risk pulmonary embolism suitable for outpatient treatment using the pulmonary embolism severity index (PESI).
AffiliationEmergency Department, Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore East Road, Waterford, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Service, Hospital
Predictive Value of Tests
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIdentification of patients with low-risk pulmonary embolism suitable for outpatient treatment using the pulmonary embolism severity index (PESI). 2013, 182 (2):291-5 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractThere is increasing evidence that outpatient treatment of patients with low-risk stable pulmonary embolism (PE) is safe, effective and potentially reduces costs. It is not clear how many patients presenting to an Irish Emergency Department (ED) are potentially suitable for outpatient management.
- Prospective validation of the Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index. A clinical prognostic model for pulmonary embolism.
- Authors: Donzé J, Le Gal G, Fine MJ, Roy PM, Sanchez O, Verschuren F, Cornuz J, Meyer G, Perrier A, Righini M, Aujesky D
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Changes in PESI scores predict mortality in intermediate-risk patients with acute pulmonary embolism.
- Authors: Moores L, Zamarro C, Gómez V, Aujesky D, García L, Nieto R, Yusen R, Jiménez D, Instituto Ramón y Cajal de Investigación Sanitaria Pulmonary Embolism Study Group
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Best Clinical Practice: Controversies in Outpatient Management of Acute Pulmonary Embolism.
- Authors: Long B, Koyfman A
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Risk stratifying emergency department patients with acute pulmonary embolism: Does the simplified Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index perform as well as the original?
- Authors: Vinson DR, Ballard DW, Mark DG, Huang J, Reed ME, Rauchwerger AS, Wang DH, Lin JS, Kene MV, Pleshakov TS, Sax DK, Sax JM, McLachlan DI, Yamin CK, Swap CJ, Iskin HR, Vemula R, Fleming BS, Elms AR, Aujesky D, MAPLE investigators of the KP CREST Network
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index and troponin testing for the selection of low-risk patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.
- Authors: Moores L, Aujesky D, Jiménez D, Díaz G, Gómez V, Martí D, Briongos S, Yusen R
- Issue date: 2010 Mar