AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Ireland. email@example.com
Predictive Value of Tests
Tumor Markers, Biological
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProteomic classification of breast cancer. 2012, 13 (12):1495-509 Curr Drug Targets
JournalCurrent drug targets
AbstractBeing a significant health problem that affects patients in various age groups, breast cancer has been extensively studied to date. Recently, molecular breast cancer classification has advanced significantly with the availability of genomic profiling technologies. Proteomic technologies have also advanced from traditional protein assays including enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, immunoblotting and immunohistochemistry to more comprehensive approaches including mass spectrometry and reverse phase protein lysate arrays (RPPA). The purpose of this manuscript is to review the current protein markers that influence breast cancer prediction and prognosis and to focus on novel advances in proteomic classification of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer proteomics: a review for clinicians.
- Authors: Galvão ER, Martins LM, Ibiapina JO, Andrade HM, Monte SJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Quantitative proteomic analysis in breast cancer.
- Authors: Tabchy A, Hennessy BT, Gonzalez-Angulo AM, Bernstam FM, Lu Y, Mills GB
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Protein expression profile and prevalence pattern of the molecular classes of breast cancer--a Saudi population based study.
- Authors: Al Tamimi DM, Shawarby MA, Ahmed A, Hassan AK, AlOdaini AA
- Issue date: 2010 May 21
- Tumor proteomic profiling predicts the susceptibility of breast cancer to chemotherapy.
- Authors: He J, Shen D, Chung DU, Saxton RE, Whitelegge JP, Faull KF, Chang HR
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- How many etiological subtypes of breast cancer: two, three, four, or more?
- Authors: Anderson WF, Rosenberg PS, Prat A, Perou CM, Sherman ME
- Issue date: 2014 Aug