Airway obstruction and gas leak during mask ventilation of preterm infants in the delivery room.
AuthorsSchmölzer, Georg M
Dawson, Jennifer A
Kamlin, C Omar F
O'Donnell, Colm P F
Morley, Colin J
Davis, Peter G
AffiliationNeonatal Services, The Royal Women’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure
Infant, Premature, Diseases
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAirway obstruction and gas leak during mask ventilation of preterm infants in the delivery room. 2011, 96 (4):F254-7 Arch. Dis. Child. Fetal Neonatal Ed.
JournalArchives of disease in childhood. Fetal and neonatal edition
AbstractPreterm infants with inadequate breathing receive positive pressure ventilation (PPV) by mask with variable success. The authors examined recordings of PPV given to preterm infants in the delivery room for prevalence of mask leak and airway obstruction.
SponsorsRoyal Women's Hospital Postgraduate Research Degree Scholarship, Monash Int Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Australian National Health and Medical Research Council Practitioner Fellowship, Australian National Health and Medical Research Council Program Hrant 384100
- Assessment of tidal volume and gas leak during mask ventilation of preterm infants in the delivery room.
- Authors: Schmölzer GM, Kamlin OC, O'Donnell CP, Dawson JA, Morley CJ, Davis PG
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Mask ventilation of preterm infants in the delivery room.
- Authors: Kaufman J, Schmölzer GM, Kamlin CO, Davis PG
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Airway obstruction during mask ventilation of very low birth weight infants during neonatal resuscitation.
- Authors: Finer NN, Rich W, Wang C, Leone T
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Corrective steps to enhance ventilation in the delivery room.
- Authors: Yang KC, Te Pas AB, Weinberg DD, Foglia EE
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- A randomized trial of oropharyngeal airways to assist stabilization of preterm infants in the delivery room.
- Authors: Kamlin COF, Schmölzer GM, Dawson JA, McGrory L, O'Shea J, Donath SM, Lorenz L, Hooper SB, Davis PG
- Issue date: 2019 Nov