AffiliationSchool of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland.
Sensitivity and Specificity
Ultrasonography, Doppler, Color
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImaging and assessment of placental function. 2011, 39 (7):390-8 J Clin Ultrasound
PublisherJournal of clinical ultrasound : JCU
JournalJournal of clinical ultrasound : JCU
AbstractThe placenta is the vital support organ for the developing fetus. This article reviews current ultrasound (US) methods of assessing placental function. The ability of ultrasound to detect placental pathology is discussed. Doppler technology to investigate the fetal, placental, and maternal circulations in both high-risk and uncomplicated pregnancies is discussed and the current literature on the value of three-dimensional power Doppler studies to assess placental volume and vascularization is also evaluated. The article highlights the need for further research into three-dimensional ultrasound and alternative methods of placental evaluation if progress is to be made in optimizing placental function assessment.
- [Investigate of three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound used in placental perfusion assessment in pre-eclampsia pregnancies].
- Authors: Ma XQ, Wu QQ, Li P, Wang Q, Li M
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Three-dimensional ultrasound evaluation of the placenta.
- Authors: Hata T, Tanaka H, Noguchi J, Hata K
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Is three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound useful in the assessment of placental perfusion in normal and growth-restricted pregnancies?
- Authors: Guiot C, Gaglioti P, Oberto M, Piccoli E, Rosato R, Todros T
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the placenta identifies placental vascular abnormalities independently of Doppler ultrasound.
- Authors: Messerschmidt A, Baschat A, Linduska N, Kasprian G, Brugger PC, Bauer A, Weber M, Prayer D
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Alteration of vascularization in preeclamptic placentas measured by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound.
- Authors: Chen CY, Wang KG, Chen CP
- Issue date: 2013 Nov