A novel ambulatory closed circuit breathing system for use during exercise.
AffiliationUCL Centre for Altitude Space and Extreme Environment Medicine, UCL Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK. email@example.com
Oxygen Inhalation Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA novel ambulatory closed circuit breathing system for use during exercise. 2011, 66 (5):348-53 Anaesthesia
AbstractWe describe a unique ambulatory closed circuit for delivering high fractions of inspired oxygen to an exercising user who does not require isolation from their environment. We describe the major components and their function and suggest potential applications for such a circuit. This circuit may benefit patients who are chronically dependant on oxygen, are unable to exercise due to hypoxia, or require oxygen supplementation at high altitude.
SponsorsJOhn Caudwell BOC Medical now part of Linde Gas Therapeutics, Eli Lilly, The London Clinic, Smiths Medical, Micropore Inc, Analytical Industries Inc, Deltex Medical, The Rolex Foundation, UK Department of Health's National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centres
- Oxygen therapy.
- Authors: Pawar DK
- Issue date: 1999 May
- Performance characteristics of the second-generation remote emergency medical oxygen closed-circuit rebreather.
- Authors: Pollock NW, Natoli MJ
- Issue date: 2007 Summer
- Closed-loop control of inspired oxygen in premature infants.
- Authors: Claure N, Bancalari E
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Ambulatory oxygen in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Authors: Wedzicha JA
- Issue date: 1996 Jun
- Long-term oxygen therapy.
- Authors: Christopher KL, Porte P
- Issue date: 2011 Feb