Oxygenation with T-piece versus self-inflating bag for ventilation of extremely preterm infants at birth: a randomized controlled trial.
AuthorsDawson, Jennifer A
Schmölzer, Georg M
Kamlin, C Omar F
Te Pas, Arjan B
O'Donnell, Colm P F
Donath, Susan M
Davis, Peter G
Morley, Colin J
AffiliationNewborn Services, The Royal Women's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org
Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Newborn
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOxygenation with T-piece versus self-inflating bag for ventilation of extremely preterm infants at birth: a randomized controlled trial. 2011, 158 (6):912-918.e1-2 J. Pediatr.
PublisherThe Journal of pediatrics
JournalThe Journal of pediatrics
AbstractTo investigate whether infants < 29 weeks gestation who receive positive pressure ventilation (PPV) immediately after birth with a T-piece have higher oxygen saturation (SpO₂) measurements at 5 minutes than infants ventilated with a self inflating bag (SIB).
SponsorsTeer Meulen Fund, national health Medical Research CouncilPractitioner Fellowship, Monash International Postgrad Research Scholarship, Australian National Health and Medical Research Council Program Grant (384100)
- T-piece or self inflating bag for positive pressure ventilation during delivery room resuscitation: an RCT.
- Authors: Thakur A, Saluja S, Modi M, Kler N, Garg P, Soni A, Kaur A, Chetri S
- Issue date: 2015 May
- A comparison of three neonatal resuscitation devices.
- Authors: Bennett S, Finer NN, Rich W, Vaucher Y
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- T-piece versus self-inflating bag ventilation in preterm neonates at birth.
- Authors: Guinsburg R, de Almeida MFB, de Castro JS, Gonçalves-Ferri WA, Marques PF, Caldas JPS, Krebs VLJ, Souza Rugolo LMS, de Almeida JHCL, Luz JH, Procianoy RS, Duarte JLMB, Penido MG, Ferreira DMLM, Alves Filho N, Diniz EMA, Santos JP, Acquesta AL, Santos CND, Gonzalez MRC, da Silva RPVC, Meneses J, Lopes JMA, Martinez FE
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Nasal CPAP or intubation at birth for very preterm infants.
- Authors: Morley CJ, Davis PG, Doyle LW, Brion LP, Hascoet JM, Carlin JB, COIN Trial Investigators.
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 14
- Delivery room continuous positive airway pressure/positive end-expiratory pressure in extremely low birth weight infants: a feasibility trial.
- Authors: Finer NN, Carlo WA, Duara S, Fanaroff AA, Donovan EF, Wright LL, Kandefer S, Poole WK, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Neonatal Research Network.
- Issue date: 2004 Sep