A prospective randomised study to compare the utility and outcomes of subdural and subperiosteal drains for the treatment of chronic subdural haematoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Hematoma, Subdural, Chronic
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA prospective randomised study to compare the utility and outcomes of subdural and subperiosteal drains for the treatment of chronic subdural haematoma. 2012, 154 (11):2083-8; discussion 2088-9 Acta Neurochir (Wien)
AbstractThe usage of a drain following evacuation of a chronic subdural haematoma (CSDH) is known to reduce recurrence. In this study we aim to compare the clinical outcomes and recurrence rate of utilising two different types of drains (subperiosteal and subdural drain) following drainage of a CSDH.
- Outcomes of Subdural Versus Subperiosteal Drain After Burr-Hole Evacuation of Chronic Subdural Hematoma: A Multicenter Cohort Study.
- Authors: Zhang JJY, Wang S, Foo ASC, Yang M, Quah BL, Sun IS, Ng ZX, Teo K, Pang BC, Yang EW, Lwin S, Chou N, Low SW, Yeo TT, Santarius T, Nga VDW
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Subperiosteal vs Subdural Drain After Burr-Hole Drainage of Chronic Subdural Hematoma: A Randomized Clinical Trial (cSDH-Drain-Trial).
- Authors: Soleman J, Lutz K, Schaedelin S, Kamenova M, Guzman R, Mariani L, Fandino J
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 1
- A prospective randomized study of use of drain versus no drain after burr-hole evacuation of chronic subdural hematoma.
- Authors: Singh AK, Suryanarayanan B, Choudhary A, Prasad A, Singh S, Gupta LN
- Issue date: 2014 Mar-Apr
- Use of twist-drill craniostomy with drain in evacuation of chronic subdural hematomas: independent predictors of recurrence.
- Authors: Escosa Baé M, Wessling H, Salca HC, de Las Heras Echeverría P
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Time to and Possible Risk Factors for Recurrence after Burr-hole Drainage of Chronic Subdural Hematoma: A Subanalysis of the cSDH-Drain Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Lutz K, Kamenova M, Schaedelin S, Guzman R, Mariani L, Fandino J, Soleman J
- Issue date: 2019 Dec