A prospective randomised study to compare the utility and outcomes of subdural and subperiosteal drains for the treatment of chronic subdural haematoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Hematoma, Subdural, Chronic
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA prospective randomised study to compare the utility and outcomes of subdural and subperiosteal drains for the treatment of chronic subdural haematoma. 2012, 154 (11):2083-8; discussion 2088-9 Acta Neurochir (Wien)
AbstractThe usage of a drain following evacuation of a chronic subdural haematoma (CSDH) is known to reduce recurrence. In this study we aim to compare the clinical outcomes and recurrence rate of utilising two different types of drains (subperiosteal and subdural drain) following drainage of a CSDH.
- A prospective randomized study of use of drain versus no drain after burr-hole evacuation of chronic subdural hematoma.
- Authors: Singh AK, Suryanarayanan B, Choudhary A, Prasad A, Singh S, Gupta LN
- Issue date: 2014 Mar-Apr
- Use of twist-drill craniostomy with drain in evacuation of chronic subdural hematomas: independent predictors of recurrence.
- Authors: Escosa Baé M, Wessling H, Salca HC, de Las Heras Echeverría P
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Outcomes of subdural versus subperiosteal drain after burr-hole evacuation of chronic subdural hematoma: a multicenter cohort study.
- Authors: Yang Zhang JJ, Wang S, Chuan Foo AS, Yang M, Quah BL, Sun IS, Ng ZX, Teo K, Pang BC, Yang EW, Lwin S, Chou N, Low SW, Yeo TT, Santarius T, Weng Nga VD
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 30
- Number of burr holes as independent predictor of postoperative recurrence in chronic subdural haematoma.
- Authors: Taussky P, Fandino J, Landolt H
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Chronic subdural haematoma in elderly patients: a retrospective analysis of 322 patients between the ages of 65-94 years.
- Authors: Borger V, Vatter H, Oszvald Á, Marquardt G, Seifert V, Güresir E
- Issue date: 2012 Sep