Adhesive strip wound closure after thyroidectomy/parathyroidectomy: a prospective, randomized controlled trial.
AuthorsO'Leary, D Peter
Clover, A James
Galbraith, John G
Redmond, H Paul
AffiliationDepartment of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAdhesive strip wound closure after thyroidectomy/parathyroidectomy: a prospective, randomized controlled trial. 2013, 153 (3):408-12 Surgery
AbstractConventional collar incision closure in thyroid and parathyroid surgery involves the insertion of an epidermal layer of subcutaneous absorbable sutures that are reinforced by a deep layer of sutures. Adhesive strips offer an alternative method to close the epidermal layer. The aim of this study was to compare adhesive strip closure with absorbable sutures for collar incisions in a prospective, single-blinded, randomized controlled trial.
- Adhesive strips versus subcuticular suture for mediansternotomy wound closure.
- Authors: Lazar HL, McCann J, Fitzgerald CA, Cabral HJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Closure of skin incision after thyroidectomy through a supraclavicular approach: a comparison between tissue adhesive and staples.
- Authors: Yang YL, Xiang YY, Jin LP, Pan YF, Zhou SM, Zhang XH, Qu JM
- Issue date: 2013
- Use of skin glue versus traditional wound closure methods in brain surgery: A prospective, randomized, controlled study.
- Authors: Chibbaro S, Tacconi L
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Randomised trial of subcuticular suture versus metal clips for wound closure after thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
- Authors: Selvadurai D, Wildin C, Treharne G, Choksy SA, Heywood MM, Nicholson ML
- Issue date: 1997 Jul
- Randomized trial of tissue adhesive vs staples in thyroidectomy integrating patient satisfaction and Manchester score.
- Authors: Amin M, Glynn F, Timon C
- Issue date: 2009 May