Mast Cell Tryptase Reduces Junctional Adhesion Molecule-A (JAM-A) Expression in Intestinal Epithelial Cells: Implications for the Mechanisms of Barrier Dysfunction in Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Medicine, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMast Cell Tryptase Reduces Junctional Adhesion Molecule-A (JAM-A) Expression in Intestinal Epithelial Cells: Implications for the Mechanisms of Barrier Dysfunction in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. 2013, 108 (7):1140-51 Am. J. Gastroenterol.
JournalThe American journal of gastroenterology
AbstractThe objective of this study was to investigate how mast cell tryptase may influence intestinal permeability and tight junction (TJ) proteins in vitro and explore translation to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Reduced E-cadherin expression is associated with abdominal pain and symptom duration in a study of alternating and diarrhea predominant IBS.
- Authors: Wilcz-Villega E, McClean S, O'Sullivan M
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome: an organic disorder with structural abnormalities in the jejunal epithelial barrier.
- Authors: Martínez C, Lobo B, Pigrau M, Ramos L, González-Castro AM, Alonso C, Guilarte M, Guilá M, de Torres I, Azpiroz F, Santos J, Vicario M
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Neutrophil transmigration in inflammatory bowel disease is associated with differential expression of epithelial intercellular junction proteins.
- Authors: Kucharzik T, Walsh SV, Chen J, Parkos CA, Nusrat A
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- Interleukin-18 facilitates neutrophil transmigration via myosin light chain kinase-dependent disruption of occludin, without altering epithelial permeability.
- Authors: Lapointe TK, Buret AG
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Impaired intestinal barrier integrity in the colon of patients with irritable bowel syndrome: involvement of soluble mediators.
- Authors: Piche T, Barbara G, Aubert P, Bruley des Varannes S, Dainese R, Nano JL, Cremon C, Stanghellini V, De Giorgio R, Galmiche JP, Neunlist M
- Issue date: 2009 Feb