Advanced and rapidly progressing head and neck cancer: good palliation following intralesional bleomycin.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Mid-Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Head and Neck Neoplasms
Lymph Node Excision
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAdvanced and rapidly progressing head and neck cancer: good palliation following intralesional bleomycin. 2011, 2011: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractThe authors herein report the case of a 61-year-old man undergoing adjuvant therapy for locally advanced laryngeal cancer, who developed parastomal recurrence in his radiation field around his tracheotomy site, while he was undergoing radiation therapy, and compromised the secure placement of his tracheotomy tube and maintenance of his upper airway. MRI restaging and biopsy confirmed recurrence and progressive disease in his mediastinum. He underwent local therapy with intralesional bleomycin with good palliation, and ability to maintain the patency of his upper airway.
- Electroporation therapy for head and neck cancer including carotid artery involvement.
- Authors: Allegretti JP, Panje WR
- Issue date: 2001 Jan
- The treatment of neck lymphangioma with intralesional injection of bleomycin.
- Authors: Zulfiqar MA, Zaleha AM, Zakaria Z, Amin T
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- [Local injection of bleomycin A5 in lymphangioma in children. Analysis of 100 cases].
- Authors: Jiang JP
- Issue date: 1989 Dec
- Intralesional bleomycin for warts: a review.
- Authors: Lewis TG, Nydorf ED
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Early results of intraarterial application of bleomycin, methotrexate and proresid in locally advanced head and neck tumors.
- Authors: Auersperg M, Us-Krasovec M, Erjavec M, Plesnicar S
- Issue date: 1974