Diagnostic and therapeutic dilemma associated with atypical glandular cells on liquid-based cervical cytology.
AffiliationNational Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDiagnostic and therapeutic dilemma associated with atypical glandular cells on liquid-based cervical cytology. 2012, 23 (6):378-82 Cytopathology
JournalCytopathology : official journal of the British Society for Clinical Cytology
AbstractIn 2008, the management of women in Ireland with atypical glandular cells changed to immediate referral to colposcopy. The optimal management of these women is unclear. A balance between the detection of occult disease and overtreatment is required.
- Cervical glandular neoplasia referrals and the diagnosis of adenocarcinoma in situ: Correlating cytology, colposcopy findings, and clinical outcomes.
- Authors: Nikolopoulos M, Athanasias P, Godfrey MAL, Nikolopoulos K, Maheshwari MK
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Risk of significant gynaecological pathology in women with glandular neoplasia on cervical cytology.
- Authors: Talaat A, Brinkmann D, Dhundee J, Hana Y, Bevan J, Irvine R, Bailey S, Woolas R
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Diverse glandular pathologies coexist with high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in cyto-histological review of atypical glandular cells on ThinPrep specimens.
- Authors: Kumar N, Bongiovanni M, Molliet MJ, Pelte MF, Egger JF, Pache JC
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Cervical screening with primary HPV testing or cytology in a population of women in which those aged 33 years or younger had previously been offered HPV vaccination: Results of the Compass pilot randomised trial.
- Authors: Canfell K, Caruana M, Gebski V, Darlington-Brown J, Heley S, Brotherton J, Gertig D, Jennett CJ, Farnsworth A, Tan J, Wrede CD, Castle PE, Saville M
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Diagnosis of Cervical Precancers by Endocervical Curettage at Colposcopy of Women With Abnormal Cervical Cytology.
- Authors: Liu AH, Walker J, Gage JC, Gold MA, Zuna R, Dunn ST, Schiffman M, Wentzensen N
- Issue date: 2017 Dec