Diagnostic and therapeutic dilemma associated with atypical glandular cells on liquid-based cervical cytology.
AffiliationNational Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDiagnostic and therapeutic dilemma associated with atypical glandular cells on liquid-based cervical cytology. 2012, 23 (6):378-82 Cytopathology
JournalCytopathology : official journal of the British Society for Clinical Cytology
AbstractIn 2008, the management of women in Ireland with atypical glandular cells changed to immediate referral to colposcopy. The optimal management of these women is unclear. A balance between the detection of occult disease and overtreatment is required.
- A clinical review of borderline glandular cells on cervical cytology.
- Authors: Mohammed DK, Lavie O, de B Lopes A, Cross P, Monaghan JM
- Issue date: 2000 May
- Diverse glandular pathologies coexist with high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in cyto-histological review of atypical glandular cells on ThinPrep specimens.
- Authors: Kumar N, Bongiovanni M, Molliet MJ, Pelte MF, Egger JF, Pache JC
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Update on ASCCP consensus guidelines for abnormal cervical screening tests and cervical histology.
- Authors: Apgar BS, Kittendorf AL, Bettcher CM, Wong J, Kaufman AJ
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 15
- Management of cervical cytologic abnormalities.
- Authors: Apgar BS, Brotzman G
- Issue date: 2004 Nov 15
- Value of HPV-DNA test in women with cytological diagnosis of atypical glandular cells (AGC).
- Authors: Zeferino LC, Rabelo-Santos SH, Villa LL, Sarian LO, Costa MC, do Amaral Westin MC, de Ângelo-Andrade LA, Derchain S
- Issue date: 2011 Nov