Machining variability impacts on the strength of a 'chair-side' CAD-CAM ceramic.
AffiliationBiomaterials Unit, University of Birmingham School of Dentistry, St. Chad's Queensway, Birmingham B4 6NN, UK. email@example.com
MeSHAnalysis of Variance
Dental Prosthesis Design
Dental Stress Analysis
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMachining variability impacts on the strength of a 'chair-side' CAD-CAM ceramic. 2012, 28 (8):880-7 Dent Mater
JournalDental materials : official publication of the Academy of Dental Materials
AbstractTo develop a novel methodology to generate specimens for bi-axial flexure strength (BFS) determination from a 'chair-side' CAD-CAM feldspathic ceramic with surface defect integrals analogous to the clinical state. The hypotheses tested were: BFS and surface roughness (R(a)) are independent of machining variability introduced by the renewal or deterioration of form-grinding tools and that a post-machining annealing cycle would significantly modify BFS.
- The effect of surface roughness on the flexure strength of an alumina reinforced all-ceramic crown material.
- Authors: Bhamra G, Palin WM, Fleming GJ
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Machining accuracy of CAD/CAM ceramic crowns fabricated with repeated machining using the same diamond bur.
- Authors: Tomita S, Shin-Ya A, Gomi H, Matsuda T, Katagiri S, Shin-Ya A, Suzuki H, Yara A, Ogura H, Hotta Y, Miyazaki T, Sakamoto Y
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- The impact of hydrofluoric acid surface treatments on the performance of a porcelain laminate restorative material.
- Authors: Addison O, Marquis PM, Fleming GJ
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- The in-vitro clinical failure of all-ceramic crowns and the connector area of fixed partial dentures: the influence of interfacial surface roughness.
- Authors: Fleming GJ, Nolan L, Harris JJ
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Hard machining, glaze firing and hydrofluoric acid etching: Do these procedures affect the flexural strength of a leucite glass-ceramic?
- Authors: Fraga S, Valandro LF, Bottino MA, May LG
- Issue date: 2015 Jul