Influence of doxorubicin on fluconazole susceptibility and efflux pump gene expression of Candida dubliniensis.
AffiliationCharité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Charit Campus Mitte, Medical Department, Division of Oncology and Haematology, Berlin, Germany. firstname.lastname@example.org
Biological Transport, Active
Gene Expression Profiling
Microbial Sensitivity Tests
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInfluence of doxorubicin on fluconazole susceptibility and efflux pump gene expression of Candida dubliniensis. 2012, 50 (4):421-6 Med. Mycol.
PublisherMedical mycology : official publication of the International Society for Human and Animal Mycology
JournalMedical mycology : official publication of the International Society for Human and Animal Mycology
AbstractThe effect of doxorubicin (DOX) on the fluconazole (FLU) susceptibility of C. dubliniensis was investigated. Isolates were exposed to DOX and FLU in a chequerboard assay and resistance gene expressions were analysed after DOX exposure. The susceptibility of the yeast to FLU was decreased in the presence of DOX in the chequerboard assay with FIC indices suggesting an antagonistic effect. Gene expression analyses showed an overexpression of CdCDR2. Hence, DOX was found to have an impact on resistance mechanisms in C. dubliniensis isolates.
- Doxorubicin selects for fluconazole-resistant petite mutants in Candida glabrata isolates.
- Authors: Schulz B, Knobloch M, Weber K, Ruhnke M
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- The expression of genes involved in the ergosterol biosynthesis pathway in Candida albicans and Candida dubliniensis biofilms exposed to fluconazole.
- Authors: Borecká-Melkusová S, Moran GP, Sullivan DJ, Kucharíková S, Chorvát D Jr, Bujdáková H
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Effect of farnesol on Candida dubliniensis biofilm formation and fluconazole resistance.
- Authors: Jabra-Rizk MA, Shirtliff M, James C, Meiller T
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Isogenic strain construction and gene targeting in Candida dubliniensis.
- Authors: Staib P, Moran GP, Sullivan DJ, Coleman DC, Morschhäuser J
- Issue date: 2001 May
- Fluconazole susceptibility of Italian Candida dubliniensis clinical isolates determined by reference and simplified tests.
- Authors: Giammanco GM, Pecorella S, Distefano S, Pecoraro V, Milici ME, Pizzo G
- Issue date: 2001 Oct