A placebo-controlled trial to evaluate an anesthetic gel when probing in patients with advanced periodontitis.
AffiliationDepartment of Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology, Dublin Dental University Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA placebo-controlled trial to evaluate an anesthetic gel when probing in patients with advanced periodontitis. 2012, 83 (12):1492-8 J. Periodontol.
JournalJournal of periodontology
AbstractThe baseline periodontal examination is reported to be a painful dental procedure, but currently there are limited practical techniques to reduce this pain. The objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of an intrapocket anesthetic gel in the reduction of pain on periodontal probing in a group of untreated patients with generalized chronic periodontitis (CP).
- Intrapocket anesthesia for scaling and root planing in pain-sensitive patients.
- Authors: Magnusson I, Geurs NC, Harris PA, Hefti AF, Mariotti AJ, Mauriello SM, Soler L, Offenbacher S
- Issue date: 2003 May
- Intrapocket anesthesia for scaling and root planing: results of a double-blind multicenter trial using lidocaine prilocaine dental gel.
- Authors: Jeffcoat MK, Geurs NC, Magnusson I, MacNeill SR, Mickels N, Roberts F, Robinson P, Salamati A, Yukna R
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Efficacy of a topical anesthetic on pain and unpleasantness during scaling of gingival pockets.
- Authors: Svensson P, Petersen JK, Svensson H
- Issue date: 1994
- Effectiveness of a topical salve (Dynexan) on pain sensitivity and early wound healing following nonsurgical periodontal therapy.
- Authors: Kasaj A, Heib A, Willershausen B
- Issue date: 2007 May 29
- Influence of intra-pocket anesthesia gel on treatment outcome in periodontal patients: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Derman SH, Lowden CE, Hellmich M, Noack MJ
- Issue date: 2014 May