Improving the standard of the standard for glass ionomers: an alternative to the compressive fracture strength test for consideration?
AffiliationMaterials Science Unit, Division of Oral Biosciences, Dublin Dental University Hospital, Trinity College Dublin, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Dental Stress Analysis
Glass Ionomer Cements
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImproving the standard of the standard for glass ionomers: an alternative to the compressive fracture strength test for consideration? 2012, 40 (3):189-201 J Dent
JournalJournal of dentistry
AbstractThree strength tests (compressive, three point flexure and biaxial) were performed on three glass ionomer (GI) restoratives to assess the most appropriate methodology in terms of validity and reliability. The influence of mixing induced variability on the data sets generated were eliminated by using encapsulated GIs.
- The crushing truth about glass ionomer restoratives: exposing the standard of the standard.
- Authors: Fleming GJ, Dowling AH, Addison O
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- A discriminatory mechanical testing performance indicator protocol for hand-mixed glass-ionomer restoratives.
- Authors: Baig MS, Dowling AH, Cao X, Fleming GJ
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Hertzian indentation testing of glass-ionomer restoratives: A reliable and clinically relevant testing approach.
- Authors: Baig MS, Dowling AH, Fleming GJ
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Are encapsulated anterior glass-ionomer restoratives better than their hand-mixed equivalents?
- Authors: Dowling AH, Fleming GJ
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Fracture toughness testing: A discriminatory mechanical testing performance indicator for glass-ionomer restoratives?
- Authors: Baig MS, Lloyd CH, Fleming GJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug