Outcomes from the first mouth cancer awareness and clinical check-up day in the Dublin Dental University Hospital.
Healy, Claire M
Stassen, Leo F A
AffiliationDublin Dental University Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Carcinoma in Situ
Early Detection of Cancer
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Referral and Consultation
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOutcomes from the first mouth cancer awareness and clinical check-up day in the Dublin Dental University Hospital., 58 (2):101-8 J Ir Dent Assoc
PublisherJournal of the Irish Dental Association
JournalJournal of the Irish Dental Association
AbstractTo increase public awareness about mouth cancer, the Dublin Dental University Hospital (DDUH) hosted an awareness day and free mouth check-up in September 2010. The messages of information, self-examination and risk management, and the importance of early detection, were available to all attendees. The role of general dental and medical practitioners in examination of the mouth was stressed.
- The development of mouth, head and neck cancer awareness in Ireland and results of Mouth Cancer Awareness Day 2011.
- Authors: MacCarthy D, O'Sullivan E, McAlister C, Healy CM, Flint S, Toner M, Nunn J, Allen F, Gorman T, O'Sullivan M, Stassen LF
- Issue date: 2012 Apr-May
- Evaluation of a multifaceted social marketing campaign to increase awareness of and screening for oral cancer in African Americans.
- Authors: Jedele JM, Ismail AI
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Dental screening and referral of young children by pediatric primary care providers.
- Authors: dela Cruz GG, Rozier RG, Slade G
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Dental attendance of oral and oropharyngeal cancer patients in a public hospital in Western Australia.
- Authors: Frydrych AM, Slack-Smith LM
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Delays in the referral and treatment of oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Hollows P, McAndrew PG, Perini MG
- Issue date: 2000 Mar 11