Financial impact of accurate discharge coding in a liaison psychiatry service.
AffiliationRoyal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland. email@example.com
Psychiatric Department, Hospital
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFinancial impact of accurate discharge coding in a liaison psychiatry service. 2012, 73 (6):476-8 J Psychosom Res
JournalJournal of psychosomatic research
AbstractPrevious research has shown that patients seen by liaison psychiatry services are a complex and expensive patient group and that the psychiatric co-morbidities of hospital inpatients are poorly attested at discharge for assignment to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs). The aim of this study was to investigate the accuracy of discharge coding in a neuropsychiatry liaison population. We also aimed to establish whether or not, had the correct diagnosis been assigned, additional funding would have been allocated to the hospital.
- The risk and consequences of clinical miscoding due to inadequate medical documentation: a case study of the impact on health services funding.
- Authors: Cheng P, Gilchrist A, Robinson KM, Paul L
- Issue date: 2009
- The additional impact of liaison psychiatry on the future funding of general hospital services.
- Authors: Udoh G, Afif M, MacHale S
- Issue date: 2012 Nov-Dec
- Using a public hospital funding model to strengthen a case for improved nutritional care in a cancer setting.
- Authors: Boltong AG, Loeliger JM, Steer BL
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Possible influence of the prospective payment system on the assignment of discharge diagnoses for coronary heart disease.
- Authors: Assaf AR, Lapane KL, McKenney JL, Carleton RA
- Issue date: 1993 Sep 23
- [A retrospective study to an evaluation of the quality of Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set regarding discharge with death of the patient attributed to a Diagnosis Related Group with a low Relative Weight; retrospective study in some hospitals in Rome [corrected]].
- Authors: Rosati E, Polistena A, Maurici M
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Feb