A comparison of osteoprotegerin with adiponectin and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) as a marker for insulin resistance.
AuthorsO'Sullivan, Eoin P
Ashley, David T
Thompson, Chris J
O'Gorman, Donal J
AffiliationDepartment of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Medical School, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland.
Area Under Curve
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Glucose Tolerance Test
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA comparison of osteoprotegerin with adiponectin and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) as a marker for insulin resistance. 2013, 62 (1):34-8 Metab. Clin. Exp.
JournalMetabolism: clinical and experimental
AbstractInsulin resistance (IR) is associated with low adiponectin and elevated high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP). Osteoprotegerin (OPG) has been shown to be elevated in type 2 diabetes, but whether it reflects underlying IR is unclear. We aimed to compare the ability of serum OPG with adiponectin and hsCRP to act as a marker for IR in individuals with normal and abnormal glucose tolerance.
- Similar to adiponectin, serum levels of osteoprotegerin are associated with obesity in healthy subjects.
- Authors: Ashley DT, O'Sullivan EP, Davenport C, Devlin N, Crowley RK, McCaffrey N, Moyna NM, Smith D, O'Gorman DJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Plasma adiponectin levels in high risk African-Americans with normal glucose tolerance, impaired glucose tolerance, and type 2 diabetes.
- Authors: Osei K, Gaillard T, Schuster D
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Rosiglitazone improves insulin sensitivity in nonobese subjects with impaired glucose tolerance: the role of adiponectin and C-reactive protein.
- Authors: Hung YJ, Lin SH, Pei D, Kuo SW, Hsieh CH, He CT, Hsing Lee C, Fan SC, Sheu WH
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Comparison of insulin resistance and serum high-sensitivity C-reactive protein levels according to the fasting blood glucose subgroups divided by the newly recommended criteria for fasting hyperglycemia in 10059 healthy Koreans.
- Authors: Rhee EJ, Kim YC, Lee WY, Jung CH, Sung KC, Ryu SH, Oh KW, Kim SW
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Circulating osteoprotegerin is correlated with lipid profile, insulin sensitivity, adiponectin and sex steroids in an ageing male population.
- Authors: Gannagé-Yared MH, Fares F, Semaan M, Khalife S, Jambart S
- Issue date: 2006 Jun