Characterization of the in vitro binding and inhibition kinetics of primary amine oxidase/vascular adhesion protein-1 by glucosamine.
AffiliationSchool of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHAmine Oxidase (Copper-Containing)
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCharacterization of the in vitro binding and inhibition kinetics of primary amine oxidase/vascular adhesion protein-1 by glucosamine. 2012, 1820 (4):482-7 Biochim. Biophys. Acta
JournalBiochimica et biophysica acta
AbstractPrimary-amine oxidase (PrAO) catalyzes the oxidative deamination of endogenous and exogenous primary amines and also functions, in some tissues, as an inflammation-inducible endothelial factor, known as vascular adhesion protein-1. VAP-1 mediates the slow rolling and adhesion of lymphocytes to endothelial cells in a number of inflammatory conditions, including inflammation of the synovium.
- The inhibition of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase by aminohexoses.
- Authors: O'Sullivan J, O'Sullivan M, Tipton KF, Unzeta M, Del Mar Hernandez M, Davey GP
- Issue date: 2003 Apr 11
- Hydrogen peroxide derived from amine oxidation mediates the interaction between aminosugars and semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase.
- Authors: O'Sullivan J, Davey G, O'Sullivan M, Tipton KF
- Issue date: 2007
- Interaction of L-lysine and soluble elastin with the semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase in the context of its vascular-adhesion and tissue maturation functions.
- Authors: Olivieri A, O'Sullivan J, Fortuny LR, Vives IL, Tipton KF
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Anti-inflammatory effects of inhibiting the amine oxidase activity of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase.
- Authors: Salter-Cid LM, Wang E, O'Rourke AM, Miller A, Gao H, Huang L, Garcia A, Linnik MD
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Inhibition of bovine plasma semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase by caffeine.
- Authors: Olivieri A, Tipton K
- Issue date: 2011 Jan-Feb