Oral healthcare of preschool children in Trinidad: a qualitative study of parents and caregivers.
AffiliationCommunity Dentistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOral healthcare of preschool children in Trinidad: a qualitative study of parents and caregivers. 2012, 12:27 BMC Oral Health
JournalBMC oral health
AbstractLittle is known about oral health in early childhood in the West Indies or the views and experiences of caregivers about preventive oral care and dental attendance The aims of this study were to explore and understand parents and caregivers' experience of oral healthcare for their preschool aged children and how, within their own social context, this may have shaped their oral health attitudes and behaviours. These data can be used to inform oral health promotion strategies for this age group.
- The effect of motivational interviewing on oral healthcare knowledge, attitudes and behaviour of parents and caregivers of preschool children: an exploratory cluster randomised controlled study.
- Authors: Naidu R, Nunn J, Irwin JD
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 2
- Socio-behavioural factors and early childhood caries: a cross-sectional study of preschool children in central Trinidad.
- Authors: Naidu R, Nunn J, Kelly A
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 9
- Parents' views on factors influencing the dental health of Trinidadian pre-school children.
- Authors: Naidu RS, Davis L
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Parental views on delivering preventive advice to children referred for treatment of dental caries under general anaesthesia: a qualitative investigation.
- Authors: Aljafari AK, Scambler S, Gallagher JE, Hosey MT
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Parental knowledge, attitudes and cultural beliefs regarding oral health and dental care of preschool children in an Indian population: a quantitative study.
- Authors: Chhabra N, Chhabra A
- Issue date: 2012 Apr