AffiliationDublin Dental School and Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Mesial Movement of Teeth
Tooth Eruption, Ectopic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTreatment of ectopic first permanent molar teeth. 2012, 39 (9):656-8, 660-1 Dent Update
AbstractEctopic eruption of the first permanent molar is a relatively common occurence in the developing dentition. A range of treatment options are available to the clinician provided that diagnosis is made early. Non-treatment can result in premature exfoliation of the second primary molar, space loss and impaction of the second premolar. This paper will describe the management of ectopic first permanent molars, using clinical examples to illustrate the available treatment options. CLINICAL RELEVANCE: This paper is relevant to every general dental practitioner who treats patients in mixed dentition.
- Treatment of ectopically erupting maxillary permanent first molars with a distal extended stainless steel crown.
- Authors: Roberts MW
- Issue date: 1986 Nov-Dec
- Orthodontic management of ectopic maxillary first permanent molars: a case report.
- Authors: Seehra J, Winchester L, DiBiase AT, Cobourne MT
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Eruption disturbances of permanent molars: a review.
- Authors: Raghoebar GM, Boering G, Vissink A, Stegenga B
- Issue date: 1991 Apr
- Etiology, Classification and Management of Ectopic Eruption of Permanent First Molars.
- Authors: Hsiao CC, Boynton JR
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Correction of ectopic eruption of permanent molars utilizing the brass wire technique.
- Authors: Kupietzky A
- Issue date: 2000 Sep-Oct