Revision of food-based dietary guidelines for Ireland, Phase 1: evaluation of Ireland's food guide.
AffiliationPublic Health Nutrition, Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI), Abbey Court, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Attitude of Health Personnel
Attitude to Health
Guidelines as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRevision of food-based dietary guidelines for Ireland, Phase 1: evaluation of Ireland's food guide. 2012, 15 (3):518-26 Public Health Nutr
JournalPublic health nutrition
AbstractRevision of the guidelines requires specific guidance on energy and vitamin D intakes, and comprehensive advice on how to reduce fat and saturated fat and increase fibre intakes. Advice should use portion descriptors favoured by consumers and enlarged portion sizes for breads, cereals and potatoes that are equivalent in terms of energy.
- Revision of food-based dietary guidelines for Ireland, Phase 2: recommendations for healthy eating and affordability.
- Authors: Flynn MA, O'Brien CM, Ross V, Flynn CA, Burke SJ
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Average portions of foods commonly eaten by infants and toddlers in the United States.
- Authors: Fox MK, Reidy K, Karwe V, Ziegler P
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- Development of food intake patterns for the MyPyramid Food Guidance System.
- Authors: Britten P, Marcoe K, Yamini S, Davis C
- Issue date: 2006 Nov-Dec
- Consumption of 'extra' foods by Australian children: types, quantities and contribution to energy and nutrient intakes.
- Authors: Rangan AM, Randall D, Hector DJ, Gill TP, Webb KL
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Using DRIs as the basis for dietary guidelines.
- Authors: Murphy SP
- Issue date: 2008