Interferon gamma release assays for the diagnosis of latent TB infection in HIV-infected individuals in a low TB burden country.
AuthorsCheallaigh, Clíona Ní
Singh, Gurmit Jagjit
Rogers, Thomas R
AffiliationDepartment of Genito-Urinary Medicine and Infectious Diseases, St James's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInterferon gamma release assays for the diagnosis of latent TB infection in HIV-infected individuals in a low TB burden country. 2013, 8 (1):e53330 PLoS ONE
AbstractInterferon gamma release assays (IGRAs) are used to diagnose latent tuberculosis infection. Two IGRAs are commercially available: the Quantiferon TB Gold In Tube (QFT-IT) and the T-SPOT.TB. There is debate as to which test to use in HIV+ individuals. Previous publications from high TB burden countries have raised concerns that the sensitivity of the QFT-IT assay, but not the T-SPOT.TB, may be impaired in HIV+ individuals with low CD4+ T-cell counts. We sought to compare the tests in a low TB burden setting.
- Comparison of two interferon-gamma release assays (QuantiFERON-TB Gold In-Tube and T-SPOT.TB) in testing for latent tuberculosis infection among HIV-infected adults.
- Authors: Sultan B, Benn P, Mahungu T, Young M, Mercey D, Morris-Jones S, Miller RF
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Prevalence of latent tuberculosis infection in persons with and without human immunodeficiency virus infection using two interferon-gamma release assays and tuberculin skin test in a low human immunodeficiency virus prevalence, intermediate tuberculosis-burden country.
- Authors: Lin WC, Lin HH, Lee SS, Sy CL, Wu KS, Chen JK, Tsai HC, Chen YS
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Poor agreement between interferon-gamma release assays and the tuberculin skin test among HIV-infected individuals in the country of Georgia.
- Authors: Chkhartishvili N, Kempker RR, Dvali N, Abashidze L, Sharavdze L, Gabunia P, Blumberg HM, Del Rio C, Tsertsvadze T
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 1
- IFN-γ response on T-cell based assays in HIV-infected patients for detection of tuberculosis infection.
- Authors: Latorre I, Martínez-Lacasa X, Font R, Lacoma A, Puig J, Tural C, Lite J, Prat C, Cuchi E, Ausina V, Domínguez J
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 10
- Interferon-γ release assays for the diagnosis of tuberculosis and tuberculosis infection in HIV-infected adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Santin M, Muñoz L, Rigau D
- Issue date: 2012