The case for intraocular delivery of PPAR agonists in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy.
AffiliationRoyal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe case for intraocular delivery of PPAR agonists in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. 2012, 12:46 BMC Ophthalmol
AbstractSystemic therapeutics targeting the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors have been found to be beneficial in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. In this paper, we provide a rationale for the use of these therapeutics as intraocular agents. In addition, we introduce the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and describe their functions in response to the drugs.
- The use of fenofibrate in the management of patients with diabetic retinopathy: an evidence-based review.
- Authors: Sharma N, Ooi JL, Ong J, Newman D
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Therapeutic effects of PPARα agonists on diabetic retinopathy in type 1 diabetes models.
- Authors: Chen Y, Hu Y, Lin M, Jenkins AJ, Keech AC, Mott R, Lyons TJ, Ma JX
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- The PPARalpha ligand fenofibrate: meeting multiple targets in diabetic nephropathy.
- Authors: Varghese Z, Moorhead JF, Ruan XZ
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Fenofibrate, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha, improves myocardial capillary density in diabetic rats.
- Authors: Salehi E, Khazaei M
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Fibrates: therapeutic potential for diabetic nephropathy?
- Authors: Kouroumichakis I, Papanas N, Zarogoulidis P, Liakopoulos V, Maltezos E, Mikhailidis DP
- Issue date: 2012 Jun