Alopecia universalis, hypothyroidism and pituitary hyperplasia: polyglandular autoimmune syndrome III in a patient in remission from treated Hodgkin lymphoma.
AffiliationMedical Oncology, Mid-Western Cancer Centre, Mid-Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAlopecia universalis, hypothyroidism and pituitary hyperplasia: polyglandular autoimmune syndrome III in a patient in remission from treated Hodgkin lymphoma. 2010, 2010: BMJ Case Rep
PublisherBMJ case reports
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractWe herein report a case of a 33-year-old man in remission from Hodgkin lymphoma, who presented with reduced potency and hair loss. Initial endocrine tests revealed autoimmune hypothyroidism. An MRI of his pituitary gland at onset revealed hyperplasia. He tolerated replacement endocrine therapy with good response, but with no improvement in his alopecia universalis. A repeat MRI, 6 months after his initial endocrine manipulation, showed resolution of his pituitary hyperplasia.
- Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndrome Type 2 with Alopecia Universalis and Hypoparathyroidism.
- Authors: Dave P, Bhosle D, Dharme M, Deshmukh D, Patel J
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia and classical Hodgkin lymphoma: a case report and literature review.
- Authors: Feng Q, Zak D, Daya R
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- How important is bleomycin in the adriamycin + bleomycin + vinblastine + dacarbazine regimen?
- Authors: Canellos GP, Duggan D, Johnson J, Niedzwiecki D
- Issue date: 2004 Apr 15
- Treatment decisions in a man with Hodgkin lymphoma and Guillian-Barré syndrome: a case report.
- Authors: Hughes CL, Yorio JT, Kovitz C, Oki Y
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 21
- Simultaneously occurring alopecia areata and Hodgkin's lymphoma: complete remission of both diseases with MOPP/ABV chemotherapy.
- Authors: Chan PD, Berk MA, Kucuk O, Singh S
- Issue date: 1992