At what price? A cost-effectiveness analysis comparing trial of labour after previous Caesarean versus elective repeat Caesarean delivery.
AuthorsFawsitt, Christopher G
Greene, Richard A
Everard, Claire M
Lutomski, Jennifer E
AffiliationNational Perinatal Epidemiology Centre, Cork, Ireland ; School of Economics, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAt what price? A cost-effectiveness analysis comparing trial of labour after previous Caesarean versus elective repeat Caesarean delivery. 2013, 8 (3):e58577 PLoS ONE
AbstractElective repeat caesarean delivery (ERCD) rates have been increasing worldwide, thus prompting obstetric discourse on the risks and benefits for the mother and infant. Yet, these increasing rates also have major economic implications for the health care system. Given the dearth of information on the cost-effectiveness related to mode of delivery, the aim of this paper was to perform an economic evaluation on the costs and short-term maternal health consequences associated with a trial of labour after one previous caesarean delivery compared with ERCD for low risk women in Ireland.
- Vaginal birth after caesarean versus elective repeat caesarean delivery after one previous caesarean section: a cost-effectiveness analysis in four European countries.
- Authors: Fobelets M, Beeckman K, Faron G, Daly D, Begley C, Putman K
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 11
- The cost-effectiveness of a trial of labor accrues with multiple subsequent vaginal deliveries.
- Authors: Wymer KM, Shih YC, Plunkett BA
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Delivery for women with a previous cesarean: guidelines for clinical practice from the French College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians (CNGOF).
- Authors: Sentilhes L, Vayssière C, Beucher G, Deneux-Tharaux C, Deruelle P, Diemunsch P, Gallot D, Haumonté JB, Heimann S, Kayem G, Lopez E, Parant O, Schmitz T, Sellier Y, Rozenberg P, d'Ercole C
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Lifetime cost-effectiveness of trial of labor after cesarean in the United States.
- Authors: Gilbert SA, Grobman WA, Landon MB, Varner MW, Wapner RJ, Sorokin Y, Sibai BM, Thorp JM, Ramin SM, Mercer BM, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network.
- Issue date: 2013 Sep-Oct
- Trial of labour or elective repeat caesarean delivery:are women making an informed decision at Kenyatta national hospital?
- Authors: Biraboneye S P, Ogutu O, van Roosmalen J, Wanjala S, Lubano K, Kinuthia J
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 15