Use of magnetic resonance imaging in detection of breast cancer recurrence: a systematic review.
AffiliationDepartment of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital/University College Cork, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUse of magnetic resonance imaging in detection of breast cancer recurrence: a systematic review. 2012, 19 (9):3035-41 Ann. Surg. Oncol.
JournalAnnals of surgical oncology
AbstractDiagnosis of breast cancer recurrence can be difficult as a result of the presence of scar tissue in the breast. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may be superior to traditional imaging in diagnosis of recurrence because of its ability to differentiate malignancy from scarring. Current guidelines on investigation of suspected breast cancer recurrence recommend MRI when other investigations have equivocal findings. We performed the first systematic review on this topic.
- A systematic review of positron emission tomography (PET) and positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) for the diagnosis of breast cancer recurrence.
- Authors: Pennant M, Takwoingi Y, Pennant L, Davenport C, Fry-Smith A, Eisinga A, Andronis L, Arvanitis T, Deeks J, Hyde C
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Role of magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of recurrence after breast conserving therapy.
- Authors: Belli P, Pastore G, Romani M, Terribile D, Canadè A, Costantini M
- Issue date: 2002 Oct-Dec
- Surveillance mammography for detecting ipsilateral breast tumour recurrence and metachronous contralateral breast cancer: a systematic review.
- Authors: Robertson C, Ragupathy SK, Boachie C, Fraser C, Heys SD, Maclennan G, Mowatt G, Thomas RE, Gilbert FJ, Mammographic Surveillance Health Technology Assessment Group.
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the assessment of axillary lymph node metastases in early breast cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Cooper KL, Meng Y, Harnan S, Ward SE, Fitzgerald P, Papaioannou D, Wyld L, Ingram C, Wilkinson ID, Lorenz E
- Issue date: 2011 Jan