AffiliationAdelaide and Meath Hospital Dublin, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFocal femoral condyle resurfacing. 2013, 95-B (3):301-4 Bone Joint J
JournalThe bone & joint journal
AbstractFocal femoral inlay resurfacing has been developed for the treatment of full-thickness chondral defects of the knee. This technique involves implanting a defect-sized metallic or ceramic cap that is anchored to the subchondral bone through a screw or pin. The use of these experimental caps has been advocated in middle-aged patients who have failed non-operative methods or biological repair techniques and are deemed unsuitable for conventional arthroplasty because of their age. This paper outlines the implant design, surgical technique and biomechanical principles underlying their use. Outcomes following implantation in both animal and human studies are also reviewed. Cite this article: Bone Joint J 2013;95-B:301-4.
- No implant migration and good subjective outcome of a novel customized femoral resurfacing metal implant for focal chondral lesions.
- Authors: Stålman A, Sköldenberg O, Martinez-Carranza N, Roberts D, Högström M, Ryd L
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Treatment of full-thickness cartilage lesions and early OA using large condyle resurfacing prosthesis: UniCAP(®).
- Authors: Laursen JO
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Preclinical evaluation of a novel implant for treatment of a full-thickness distal femoral focal cartilage defect.
- Authors: Waldorff EI, Roessler BJ, Zachos TA, Miller BS, McHugh J, Goldstein SA
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- A Comparison of the Outcomes for Cartilage Defects of the Knee Treated With Biologic Resurfacing Versus Focal Metallic Implants.
- Authors: Pascual-Garrido C, Daley E, Verma NN, Cole BJ
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Prosthetic inlay resurfacing for the treatment of focal, full thickness cartilage defects of the femoral condyle: a bridge between biologics and conventional arthroplasty.
- Authors: Bollars P, Bosquet M, Vandekerckhove B, Hardeman F, Bellemans J
- Issue date: 2012 Sep