Endothelial progenitor cells in mothers of low-birthweight infants: a link between defective placental vascularization and increased cardiovascular risk?
AuthorsKing, Thomas F J
Bergin, David A
Kent, Etaoin M
Reeves, Emer P
McElvaney, Noel G
Malone, Fergal D
McDermott, John H
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland.
Fetal Growth Retardation
Hematopoietic Stem Cells
Infant, Low Birth Weight
Infant, Small for Gestational Age
Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEndothelial progenitor cells in mothers of low-birthweight infants: a link between defective placental vascularization and increased cardiovascular risk? 2013, 98 (1):E33-9 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalThe Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism
AbstractOffspring birthweight is inversely associated with future maternal cardiovascular mortality, a relationship that has yet to be fully elucidated. Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) are thought to play a key role in vasculogenesis, and EPC numbers reflect cardiovascular risk.
- Placental and Clinical Characteristics of Term Small-for-Gestational-Age Neonates: A Case-Control Study.
- Authors: Chisholm KM, Folkins AK
- Issue date: 2016 Jan-Feb
- The relationship among intrauterine growth, insulinlike growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-binding protein-3, and bone mineral status in newborn infants.
- Authors: Akcakus M, Koklu E, Kurtoglu S, Kula M, Koklu SS
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Development and perinatal risk factors of very low-birth-weight infants. Small versus appropriate for gestational age.
- Authors: Veelken N, Stollhoff K, Claussen M
- Issue date: 1992 Apr
- Cord blood lipid profile and associated factors: baseline data of a birth cohort study.
- Authors: Kelishadi R, Badiee Z, Adeli K
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Oxidative stress in term small for gestational age neonates born to undernourished mothers: a case control study.
- Authors: Gupta P, Narang M, Banerjee BD, Basu S
- Issue date: 2004 Jul 20