AffiliationDermatology Department, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Fluorescent Antibody Technique
Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA Reductase Inhibitors
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRosuvastatin-induced pemphigoid. 2012, 2012: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractStatins are widely prescribed medications and very well tolerated. Rosuvastatin is another member of this drug used to treat dyslipidaemia. It is a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase. Immunobullous disease is usually idiopathic but can be drug-induced. Both idiopathic and iatrogenic forms share common clinical and immunohistological features. The authors report a case of pemphigoid induced by rosuvastatin, a commonly prescribed medication. To our knowledge, there is limited report on rosuvastatin associated with pemphigoid in the literature.
CollectionsAdelaide & Meath Hospital Tallaght
- Rosuvastatin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Authors: Vrettos I, Papageorgiou S, Economopoulou C, Pappa V, Tsirigotis P, Tountas N, Economopoulos T, Dervenoulas J
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Rosuvastatin-associated adverse effects and drug-drug interactions in the clinical setting of dyslipidemia.
- Authors: Kostapanos MS, Milionis HJ, Elisaf MS
- Issue date: 2010
- Statins use and female lung cancer risk in Taiwan.
- Authors: Lai SW, Liao KF, Lin CL, Sung FC, Cheng YH
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 27
- Short-term memory loss associated with rosuvastatin.
- Authors: Galatti L, Polimeni G, Salvo F, Romani M, Sessa A, Spina E
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Liver toxicity of rosuvastatin therapy.
- Authors: Famularo G, Miele L, Minisola G, Grieco A
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 28