AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating the National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIncidental Cardiac Findings on Thoracic Imaging. 2013: Can Assoc Radiol J
JournalCanadian Association of Radiologists journal = Journal l'Association canadienne des radiologistes
AbstractThe cardiac structures are well seen on nongated thoracic computed tomography studies in the investigation and follow-up of cardiopulmonary disease. A wide variety of findings can be incidentally picked up on careful evaluation of the pericardium, cardiac chambers, valves, and great vessels. Some of these findings may represent benign variants, whereas others may have more profound clinical importance. Furthermore, the expansion of interventional and surgical practice has led to the development and placement of new cardiac stents, implantable pacemaker devices, and prosthetic valves with which the practicing radiologist should be familiar. We present a collection of common incidental cardiac findings that can be readily identified on thoracic computed tomography studies and briefly discuss their clinical relevance.
- Incidental cardiac abnormalities on non-electrocardiogram-gated multi-detector computed tomography imaging of the thorax and abdomen.
- Authors: Lim KC, Chai P, Teo LS
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Extracardiac abnormalities on rubidium-82 cardiac positron emission tomography/computed tomography.
- Authors: Mirpour S, Khandani AH
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Incidental findings computed tomography of the thorax.
- Authors: Green D
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- Chest CT of incidental breast lesions.
- Authors: Yi JG, Kim SJ, Marom EM, Park JH, Jung SI, Lee MW
- Issue date: 2008 May
- The role of thoracic imaging in the intensive care unit.
- Authors: Soo E, Edey AJ
- Issue date: 2012 Nov