Gigantic unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm presenting as an incidental murmur.
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology, Mallow General Hospital, Mallow, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Coronary Artery Disease
Sinus of Valsalva
Ventricular Outflow Obstruction
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGigantic unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm presenting as an incidental murmur. 2012, 2012: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractWe report a case of a 56-year-old man referred by his family physician with an asymptomatic cardiac murmur. Trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE) suggested an unruptured right sinus of Valsalva aneurysm (SVA) causing extrinsic compression of the right ventricular outflow tract. This was confirmed with an ECG-gated cardiac CT showing a large right SVA measuring 35×37×42 mm in size. Coronary angiography demonstrated non-obstructive coronary artery disease. Ascending thoracic anterior in the right anterior oblique view delineated the right SVA. The patient underwent aortic valve sparing surgical repair of the aneurysm with an excellent result. Echocardiography confirmed obliteration of the aneurysm and normal aortic valve function postoperatively.
- Unruptured Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm with Right Ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction and Supracristal Ventricular Septal Defect: A Rare Case.
- Authors: Sridhar GS, Sadiq MA, Ahmad WA, Supuramaniam C, Watson T, Abidin IZ, Chee KH
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Unruptured aneurysm of the sinus of Valsalva presenting with right ventricular outflow obstruction.
- Authors: Thankachen R, Gnanamuthu R, Doshi H, Shukla V, Korula RJ
- Issue date: 2003
- Right ventricular outflow tract obstruction after sinus of valsalva aneurysm repair.
- Authors: Cheng A, Thomas J, Vermilion RP, Alfieris GM, Hicks GL
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Familial unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm obstructing the right ventricular outflow tract.
- Authors: Farand P, Brochu MC, Gervais A, Mueller X
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm with right ventricular outflow obstruction.
- Authors: Mohanakrishnan L, Vijayakumar K, Sukumaran P, Menon N, Prabu CR, Balaji S, Manoharan S
- Issue date: 2003 Mar