Assessing the need for hospital admission by the Cape Triage discriminator presentations and the simple clinical score.
AffiliationNenagh Hospital, Nenagh, Ireland.
Emergency Service, Hospital
Outcome and Process Assessment (Health Care)
Predictive Value of Tests
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAssessing the need for hospital admission by the Cape Triage discriminator presentations and the simple clinical score. 2010, 27 (11):852-5 Emerg Med J
JournalEmergency medicine journal : EMJ
AbstractThere is uncertainty about how to assess unselected acutely ill medical patients at the time of their admission to hospital. This study examined the use of the Simple Clinical Score (SCS) and the medically relevant Cape Triage discriminator clinical presentations to determine the need for admission to an acute medical unit.
- Abnormal vital signs are strong predictors for intensive care unit admission and in-hospital mortality in adults triaged in the emergency department - a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Barfod C, Lauritzen MM, Danker JK, Sölétormos G, Forberg JL, Berlac PA, Lippert F, Lundstrøm LH, Antonsen K, Lange KH
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 10
- What diagnoses may make patients more seriously ill than they first appear? Mortality according to the Simple Clinical Score Risk Class at the time of admission compared to the observed mortality of different ICD9 codes identified on death or discharge.
- Authors: Kellett J, Deane B
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Who will be sicker in the morning? Changes in the Simple Clinical Score the day after admission and the subsequent outcomes of acutely ill unselected medical patients.
- Authors: Kellett J, Emmanuel A, Deane B
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Collaborative Audit of Risk Evaluation in Medical Emergency Treatment (CARE-MET I) - an international pilot.
- Authors: Subbe CP, Gauntlett W, Kellett JG
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Simple clinical score is associated with mortality and length of stay of acute general medical admissions to an Australian hospital.
- Authors: Li JY, Yong TY, Hakendorf P, Roberts S, O'Brien L, Sharma Y, Ben-Tovim D, Thompson CH
- Issue date: 2012 Feb