AffiliationDepartment of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Galway University Hospital, Galway, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImpaction-fracture of the capitate and lunate: a case report. 2012, 20 (2):243-5 J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong)
JournalJournal of orthopaedic surgery (Hong Kong)
AbstractWe report a 15-year-old girl who underwent a mid-carpal fusion for undiagnosed impaction-fractures of the capitate, lunate, and triquetrum after a fall on her outstretched left hand in a dorsiflexed and radially deviated position. The joint was dis-impacted, and the height of the lunate was restored using a cortical bone graft. The damaged proximal capitate articular surface was decorticated to facilitate fusion, as was the lunotriquetral articulation. Kirschner wires were inserted along the coronal plane. At the one-year follow-up, the patient had achieved a satisfactory range of motion and fusion of the capitate-lunate-triquetral articulations.
- Chronic transscaphoid, transcapitate perilunate fracture dislocation of the wrist: Fenton's syndrome.
- Authors: Marcuzzi A, Ozben H, Russomando A, Petit A
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Unusual combined scaphoid and lunate fracture of the wrist: a case report.
- Authors: Takase K, Yamamoto K
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Trans-scaphoid perilunate dislocation with fractured carpal bones in a child.
- Authors: Ji JH, Shafi M, Moon CY, Park SE
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Scaphoid and capitate fracture with concurrent scapholunate dissociation.
- Authors: Osti M, Zinnecker R, Benedetto KP
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Volarly displaced transscaphoid, translunate, transtriquetrum fracture of the carpus: case report.
- Authors: Shin DH, Shin AY
- Issue date: 2014 Aug