Establishing the accuracy and acceptability of abdominal ultrasound to define the foetal head position in the second stage of labour: a validation study.
AffiliationAcademic Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Trinity College Dublin & Coombe Women & Infant's University Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland. email@example.com
Labor Stage, Second
Obstetric Labor Complications
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEstablishing the accuracy and acceptability of abdominal ultrasound to define the foetal head position in the second stage of labour: a validation study. 2012, 164 (1):35-9 Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol.
JournalEuropean journal of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive biology
AbstractTo compare the diagnosis of the foetal head position in the second stage of labour by ultrasound scan performed by a novice sonographer and by clinical assessment, to that of an expert sonographer (gold standard); and to evaluate the acceptability of ultrasound in the second stage of labour to women and clinicians.
- Instrumental delivery and ultrasound : a multicentre randomised controlled trial of ultrasound assessment of the fetal head position versus standard care as an approach to prevent morbidity at instrumental delivery.
- Authors: Ramphul M, Ooi PV, Burke G, Kennelly MM, Said SA, Montgomery AA, Murphy DJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Sonographic assessment of fetal spine and head position during the first and second stages of labor for the diagnosis of persistent occiput posterior position: a pilot study.
- Authors: Blasi I, D'Amico R, Fenu V, Volpe A, Fuchs I, Henrich W, Mazza V
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Does ultrasonographic foetal head position prior to induction of labour predict the outcome of delivery?
- Authors: Verhoeven CJ, Mulders LG, Oei SG, Mol BW
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Sonographic pattern of fetal head descent: relationship with duration of active second stage of labor and occiput position at delivery.
- Authors: Ghi T, Maroni E, Youssef A, Morselli-Labate AM, Paccapelo A, Montaguti E, Rizzo N, Pilu G
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Prospective multicenter study of ultrasound-based measurements of fetal head station and position throughout labor.
- Authors: Vitner D, Paltieli Y, Haberman S, Gonen R, Ville Y, Nizard J
- Issue date: 2015 Nov