AffiliationNational Centre for Hereditary Coagulation Disorders, St James Hospital, Dublin.
Ambulatory Care Facilities
Patient Education as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEvaluation of a nurse-led haemophilia counselling service., 21 (14):864-6, 868-70 Br J Nurs
JournalBritish journal of nursing (Mark Allen Publishing)
AbstractGenetic counselling and testing for females with a family history of haemophilia has long been advocated. However, there is little research in regard to clients' satisfaction with the existing counselling models in haemophilia, and in particular with nurse-led clinics. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether clients were satisfied with a nurse-led carrier testing clinic and counselling service. A retrospective quantitative study of clients' satisfaction and perceived knowledge was undertaken using an anonymous questionnaire. A sample of 42 women who had attended the clinic in the last 12 months was identified. The response rate for the study was 71% (n = 30).Two thirds of the respondents were 35 years of age or younger, 93% had a family history of haemophilia and 56% were diagnosed as carriers. Perceived understanding and knowledge increased significantly between the first and second appointments (p < 0.001). Overall, the study identified a high level of client satisfaction with the nurse-led carrier testing clinic and counselling service.
- Improving the quality of service delivery in Nigeria.
- Authors: Kim YM, Rimon J, Winnard K, Corso C, Mako IV, Lawal S, Babalola S, Huntington D
- Issue date: 1992 Mar-Apr
- An evaluation of a cancer counselling service.
- Authors: Boudioni M, Mossman J, Boulton M, Ramirez A, Moynihan C, Leydon G
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- [Psychosocial Situation and Patient Satisfaction among Clients of Cancer Counselling Centers in Saxony].
- Authors: Götze H, Röder H, Frenschkowski S, Mehnert A
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Management of carriers and babies with haemophilia.
- Authors: Street AM, Ljung R, Lavery SA
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Premarital Screening and Genetic Counseling program: knowledge, attitude, and satisfaction of attendees of governmental outpatient clinics in Jeddah.
- Authors: Ibrahim NK, Bashawri J, Al Bar H, Al Ahmadi J, Al Bar A, Qadi M, Milaat W, Feda H
- Issue date: 2013 Feb