Comorbid psychiatric diagnoses among individuals presenting to an addiction treatment program for alcohol dependence.
AffiliationAddictions Department, St. John of God Hospital, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER
Local subject classificationECSTASY
LOGISTIC REGRESSION ANALYSIS
Diagnosis, Dual (Psychiatry)
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
MetadataShow full item record
CitationComorbid psychiatric diagnoses among individuals presenting to an addiction treatment program for alcohol dependence. 2011, 46 (4):351-8 Subst Use Misuse
JournalSubstance use & misuse
AbstractA retrospective patient record review was conducted to examine comorbid psychiatric diagnoses, and comorbid substance use, among 465 patients below 45 years of age, presenting to a national alcohol addiction treatment unit in Dublin, between 1995 and 2006. Rates were high for depressive disorder (25.3%) particularly among females (35.4%). Lifetime reported use of substances other than alcohol was 39.2%, and further analysis showed significantly higher rates of deliberate self-harm among this group. Lifetime reported use of ecstasy was also significantly associated with depression in this alcohol-dependent population using logistic regression analysis. Implications and limitations of the findings are discussed.
- Concurrent alcohol and cocaine dependence impact on physical health among psychiatric patients.
- Authors: Salloum IM, Douaihy A, Ndimbie OK, Kirisci L
- Issue date: 2004
- Parental alcoholism predicts suicidal behavior in adolescents and young adults with cannabis dependence.
- Authors: Arendt M, Sher L, Fjordback L, Brandholdt J, Munk-Jorgensen P
- Issue date: 2007 Jan-Mar
- In alcohol-dependent drinkers, what does the presence of nicotine dependence tell us about psychiatric and addictive disorders comorbidity?
- Authors: Le Strat Y, Ramoz N, Gorwood P
- Issue date: 2010 Mar-Apr
- [Effect of comorbid substance use on neuropsychological performance in subjects with psychotic or mood disorders].
- Authors: Liraud F, Verdoux H
- Issue date: 2002 Mar-Apr
- Subject-collateral reports of drinking in inpatient alcoholics with comorbid cocaine dependence.
- Authors: Stasiewicz PR, Stalker RG
- Issue date: 1999 May