Concordance of outcomes of pairs of kidneys transplanted into different recipients.
AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Delayed Graft Function
Glomerular Filtration Rate
MetadataShow full item record
CitationConcordance of outcomes of pairs of kidneys transplanted into different recipients. 2012, 25 (9):918-24 Transpl. Int.
JournalTransplant international : official journal of the European Society for Organ Transplantation
AbstractKidney transplant outcomes are influenced by donor characteristics, including age and gender. Additional donor factors, both genetic and environmental, also influence graft outcome. We aim to assess the strength of donor factors in determining kidney transplant outcomes by comparing paired kidneys from a single donor transplanted into different recipients. We conducted a retrospective cohort study of outcomes of pairs of deceased donor kidneys transplanted in our centre between 1992 and 2008. We examined the relationship within pairs for eGFR at 1 year and at 5 years post-transplant using Spearman's Correlation and the concordance of pairs of transplant kidneys with respect to the occurrence of acute rejection and delayed graft function (DGF). A total of 652 recipient pairs were analysed. Spearman's correlation for eGFR was 0.36 at 1 year and 0.36 at 5 years post-transplant. The incidence of DGF was 11%. The odds ratio of DGF occurring if the contralateral kidney had DGF was 5.99 (95% CI, 3.19-11.25). There is a significant degree of relationship within pairs of kidneys transplanted from the same donor for serum creatinine at 1 year and 5 years post-transplant and also for the occurrence of delayed graft function.
- Risk factors and consequences of delayed graft function in deceased donor renal transplant patients receiving antithymocyte globulin induction.
- Authors: Patel SJ, Duhart BT Jr, Krauss AG, Moore LW, Egidi MF, Amiri HS, Gaber LW, Gaber AO
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 27
- Inferior early posttransplant outcomes for recipients of right versus left deceased donor kidneys: an ANZDATA registry analysis.
- Authors: Vacher-Coponat H, McDonald S, Clayton P, Loundou A, Allen RD, Chadban SJ
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- "Nature versus nurture" study of deceased-donor pairs in kidney transplantation.
- Authors: Louvar DW, Li N, Snyder J, Peng Y, Kasiske BL, Israni AK
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Major effects of delayed graft function and cold ischaemia time on renal allograft survival.
- Authors: Quiroga I, McShane P, Koo DD, Gray D, Friend PJ, Fuggle S, Darby C
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- The risk factors of delayed graft function and comparison of clinical outcomes after deceased donor kidney transplantation: single-center study.
- Authors: Jung GO, Yoon MR, Kim SJ, Sin MJ, Kim EY, Moon JI, Kim JM, Choi GS, Kwon CH, Cho JW, Lee SK
- Issue date: 2010 Apr