Selection of symptomatic patients with Crohn's disease for abdominopelvic computed tomography: role of serum C-reactive protein.
AuthorsDesmond, Alan N
Quigley, Eamonn M
Maher, Michael M
AffiliationAlimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, National University of Ireland and Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Predictive Value of Tests
Sensitivity and Specificity
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSelection of symptomatic patients with Crohn's disease for abdominopelvic computed tomography: role of serum C-reactive protein. 2012, 63 (4):267-74 Can Assoc Radiol J
JournalCanadian Association of Radiologists journal = Journal l'Association canadienne des radiologistes
AbstractResults of previous studies have shown that repeated abdominopelvic computed tomography (CT) examinations can lead to substantial cumulative diagnostic radiation exposure in patients with Crohn's disease (CD). Improved selection of patients referred for CT will reduce unnecessary radiation exposure. This study examines if serum C-reactive protein (CRP) concentration predicts which symptomatic patients with CD are likely to have significant disease activity or disease complications (such as abscess) detected on abdominopelvic CT.
- Predictors of Urgent Findings on Abdominopelvic CT in Patients with Crohn's Disease Presenting to the Emergency Department.
- Authors: Jung YS, Park DI, Hong SN, Kim ER, Kim YH, Cheon JH, Eun CS, Han DS, Lee CK, Kim JH, Huh KC, Yoon SM, Song HJ, Shin JE, Jeon SR
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Quantitative measurement and visual assessment of ileal Crohn's disease activity by computed tomography enterography: correlation with endoscopic severity and C reactive protein.
- Authors: Colombel JF, Solem CA, Sandborn WJ, Booya F, Loftus EV Jr, Harmsen WS, Zinsmeister AR, Bodily KD, Fletcher JG
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Diagnostic accuracy of small intestine ultrasonography using an oral contrast agent in Crohn's disease: comparative study from the UK.
- Authors: Chatu S, Pilcher J, Saxena SK, Fry DH, Pollok RC
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Accuracy of small-intestine contrast ultrasonography, compared with computed tomography enteroclysis, in characterizing lesions in patients with Crohn's disease.
- Authors: Calabrese E, Zorzi F, Onali S, Stasi E, Fiori R, Prencipe S, Bella A, Petruzziello C, Condino G, Lolli E, Simonetti G, Biancone L, Pallone F
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Diagnostic value of C-reactive protein for predicting activity level of Crohn's disease.
- Authors: Chamouard P, Richert Z, Meyer N, Rahmi G, Baumann R
- Issue date: 2006 Jul