AffiliationDepartment of Otolaryngology, Sligo General Hospital, Sligo, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCarcinoid tumour of the middle ear. 2012, 22 (9):604-6 J Coll Physicians Surg Pak
JournalJournal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons--Pakistan : JCPSP
AbstractA case of middle ear mass in a young female from Ireland is described, who presented with left ear hearing loss and intermittent bloody discharge from the same ear. Examination under microscope revealed occlusive polyp in the left ear and a biopsy had been taken under general anaesthesia. Histopathology report described an adenoma / carcinoid tumour of the middle ear confirmed by positive immunohistochemical staining. CT temporal bones revealed the extension of the disease. The patient underwent left tympanotomy and excision of the tumour. In general, these tumours are regarded as benign but may be mistaken for adenocarcinomas because of their histological heterogenecity.
- Adenomatous tumors of the middle ear.
- Authors: Pelosi S, Koss S
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- A case of carcinoid tumor of the middle ear.
- Authors: Shibosawa E, Tsutsumi K, Ihara Y, Kinoshita H, Koizuka I
- Issue date: 2003 Feb
- [Middle ear adenoma/middle ear carcinoid--an unproblematic tumor?].
- Authors: Strehl MA, Scheich M, Ott I, Müller-Hermelink HK, Hagen R, Völker HU
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Middle ear adenoma: a challenging diagnosis.
- Authors: Zan E, Limb CJ, Koehler JF, Yousem DM
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- [Carcinoid of the middle ear. Further therapy after primary tumor excision?].
- Authors: Dyckhoff G, Bläker H, Otto HF, Weidauer H
- Issue date: 2000 May