Interobserver and intraobserver reliability and validity of the Vancouver classification system of periprosthetic femoral fractures after hip arthroplasty.
AffiliationDepartment of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Co., Louth, Republic of Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Arthroplasty, Replacement, Hip
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInterobserver and intraobserver reliability and validity of the Vancouver classification system of periprosthetic femoral fractures after hip arthroplasty. 2012, 27 (6):1047-50 J Arthroplasty
JournalThe Journal of arthroplasty
AbstractThe Vancouver classification system of periprosthetic fractures has been revalidated in this study, using the radiographs of 45 patients. Three consultants and 3 trainees reviewed the radiographs independently, on 2 separate occasions, at least 2 weeks apart. Interobserver and intraobserver agreement and validity were analyzed, using weighted κ statistics. The mean κ value for interobserver agreement was found to be 0.69 (0.63-0.72) for consultants and 0.61 (0.56-0.65) for the trainees, both representing substantial agreement. Intraobserver κ values ranged from 0.74 to 0.90, showing substantial agreement. Validity analysis of 37 type B cases revealed 81% agreement within B1, B2, and B3 subgroups with a κ value of 0.68 (substantial agreement). This study has reconfirmed the reliability and validity of the Vancouver classification while it also emphasizes the intraoperative assessment of implant stability.
- The reliability and validity of the Unified Classification System of periprosthetic femoral fractures after hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Huang JF, Chen JJ, Shen JJ, Du WX, Liu FC, Tong PJ
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Reliability and Validity of the Vancouver Classification in Periprosthetic Fractures Around Cementless Femoral Stems.
- Authors: Lee S, Kagan R, Wang L, Doung YC
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- The reliability and validity of the modified Unified Classification System for periprosthetic femoral fractures after hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Fan MQ, Fan XH, Chen XL, Shen JJ, Jiang XJ, Li XS, Huang JF
- Issue date: 2021 May
- Reliability and validity of the Unified Classification System for postoperative periprosthetic femoral fractures around cemented polished taper-slip stems.
- Authors: Jain S, Mohrir G, Townsend O, Lamb JN, Palan J, Aderinto J, Pandit H
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Higher reliability and validity of Baba classification with computerised tomography imaging and implant information for periprosthetic femoral fractures.
- Authors: Baba T, Homma Y, Ochi H, Kobayashi H, Matsumoto M, Sakamoto Y, Kuwahara H, Maeda K, Kaneko K
- Issue date: 2015 Sep