AffiliationHealth Service Executive Dublin Mid Leinster.
Combined Modality Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEarly breast cancer: diagnosis, treatment and survivorship., 21 (17):S4-8, S10 Br J Nurs
JournalBritish journal of nursing (Mark Allen Publishing)
AbstractBreast cancer is the most common female cancer and globally remains a major public health concern. The diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer continues to develop. Diagnosis is now more precise, surgery is less mutilating and women now have the option of breast conserving therapy with better cosmesis, and without sacrificing survival. Radiotherapy is more targeted and the selection of patients for adjuvant chemotherapy is based not only on prognostic and predictive factors, but also on newer molecular profiling that will ensure that chemotherapy is given to the patients who need and respond to it. These developments all provide a more tailored approach to the treatment of breast cancer. Management now involves a multidisciplinary team approach in order to provide the highest standard of care for patients throughout their cancer journey from diagnosis through treatment and into follow-up care.
- [Quality of treatment in operable breast carcinoma. Comparison of the years before 1987, 1987-1990 and 1991-1994].
- Authors: Obrist S, Sauter C, Pestalozzi BC
- Issue date: 1997 Aug 23
- Role of postmastectomy radiation therapy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Akyurek S, Yavas G
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Accelerated hypofractionated adjuvant whole breast radiotherapy with concomitant photon boost after conserving surgery for early stage breast cancer: a prospective evaluation on 463 patients.
- Authors: Cante D, Rosa La Porta M, Casanova-Borca V, Sciacero P, Girelli G, Pasquino M, Franco P, Ozzello F
- Issue date: 2011 Nov-Dec
- Update in the treatment of locally advanced breast cancer: a multidisciplinary approach.
- Authors: Franceschini G, Terribile D, Magno S, Fabbri C, D'Alba PF, Chiesa F, Di Leone A, Masetti R
- Issue date: 2007 Sep-Oct
- Diagnosis and prognosis of primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Robertson JF, Evans AJ
- Issue date: 1997 Sep